title

title

Sunday 11 July 2010

Alien 3

When I was younger I was excited when I heard about Alien 3 as I loved both Alien and Aliens. I imagined this would be a continuation of the story where Ripley and the soldier hicks would come to earth to find the aliens had taken over and she fought them there. What did we get Ripley vs the Alien on a prison planet. This was a very bad idea a step back if you look at it. As I recently found out the original story as it were was a group of Monks on a wooden planet that is infiltrated by the Alien. This would have still been a step back in most peoples eyes as we were expecting more as mentioned.
What was presented is a disjointed mish mash of both Alien and Aliens with a religious sub-text slapped on which looks like it was left over from the original script.
Having read up on Alien 3 you can see there were many fights with 20th century fox and David Fincher with sets being destroyed in fires budget cuts and changes to the script behind the directors back.
I felt it was ill fitting when compared to the earlier themes presented of the male rape myth of the original and the maternal theme from Aliens. There is so much not like in this movie it would take me forever to write about it.
One thing I did like about it is the fact that it was the debut feature of David Fincher who went on to make Seven, Fight club and Zodiac. With hindsight you can bet your bottom dollar that if there was a remake by David Fincher you would see a completely different movie from what we do have here.
ALIEN 3 POSTER Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment