title

title

Sunday 20 February 2011

Some Cool Painted VHS Covers (Why dont more companys use this anymore?)

Following on from my Booby trap Find I thought why not revisit some old VHS box covers and a recent DVD cover.
I have chosen a selection of covers that made me drool in the video store but could never get them due to being about 6 at the time.


First up is Return of the Living dead which I feel is officially the coolest VHS cover ever its loud and very bold much like the movie a major plus is that it is one of my fave horror movies ever.



Nekromantik how can you not fall in love with an image of a corpse and a naked woman plainly said this movie was a lot different from the cover suggested . Yes it features a woman having sex with a corpse and the story features Necrophilia but its shoot in such a beautiful way that you could forgive it for being this way




They sure dont make action movies like this anymore and its a shame as the cover conveys the movie pretty well and its my fave from the Bronx Warriors trilogy




Cannibal Ferox this cover is different from the reissued Vipco release this cover surpasses the movie in the coolness factor I love exclaimer about the movie being disturbing its not really that disturbing but a great entry in to the cannibal genre all the same.




Hide and shriek this was my first taste of how the art made the movie seem better than it was and man was it cheesey

No comments:

Post a Comment